Kearny Public Library received its new paint job and landscaping, thanks to a dedicated group of volunteers.
In memory of Abby McDougal, who painted the original mural in 2007, we kept the mural but brightened up the colors.
This is just one of the changes coming to our Library, and we invite you to come in and check them out.
New Digitization Station
Check out our new Digitation Station, provided by a grant received by the Pinal County Library System. We now have every thing that you need to make digital copies of VHS & audio cassettes, photographs, slides, and documents, on the spot.
There is no cost to use the equipment, except $1 for blank DVDs or CDs and a nominal cost for new flash drives (which haven’t arrived yet) if you need them. And it is “do it yourself.” We will show you what to do, but the rest is up to you, as we will not have time to do it for you.
We hope to use this Station to complete our Local History Project as well.
Kearny Police Department Donates a TV
We would like to thank the Kearny Police Department and Sgt. Blue for donating this fine TV to the library, and to the Town Crew for putting it up for us.
We plan on using it for our Summer Reading Program as well as demonstrations, and for groups or organization that need it.
We also have a brand new Blu-Ray/DVD player purchased by the Pinal County Library System.
Weekly Crochet Class
Crochet Class is every Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. and we have projects for the beginner and expert with one on one instruction.
Monthly Ladies Tea Party
Held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 1:00 p.m. the tea party is always a big hit with the ladies. Tiffany Ortiz is our hostess with fun games, crafts and good tea’s and refreshments.
National Library Week Activities (April 10 – 16)
- Friends of the Library Annual Poster Contest
- Monday 10:00 am: Story Hour
- Tuesday: National Library Workers Day. Refreshments all Day
- Tuesday & Thursday 8:30+10:00 am : Coffee and Conversation
- Tuesday: Celebration of author Beverly Cleary’s 100th birthday.
- Tuesday 1:00 pm: Crochet Class
- Wednesday 1:00-3:00 pm: Craft time for ladies and older kids (with parents).
- Thursday: Popcorn and Triple Movie Day
- Thursday 6:00 pm: Open house for winners and their families as they are rewarded.